STEP 1: SELECT YOUR SIDE-CAM IMAGE QUALITY
50% reflection to camera, 50% transmission to eyepiece. Ideal for darker recording situations, or for those with poorer eyesight.
75% reflection to camera, 25% transmission to eyepiece. Ideal for a professional who is looking for better quality recordings.
STEP 2: SELECT YOUR SCOPE HOLDER OR RING
USH-46: The universal scope holder will allow you to connect any of our camera mounting systems to almost any scope from an outer scope diameter between 40mm-46.5mm. It will find the centre automatically while you are tightening it.
SCR-100 RING + MUN-3 + MCCT-10:
Allows you to connect SONY MARK 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 (Will not fit Mark 6 and above)
It will fit to the following cameras too: DSC-WX500, DSC-WX500, DSC-HX80, DSC-HX90, DSC-HX90V,HX80, HX90, HX90V, HX100
1x LENS AIR PUMP DUST BLOWER To properly maintain your kit.
The SCR-100 RING comes with 5 steel grab screws and 1 allen key.
The MUN-3 comes with 4 steel grab screws and 1 allen key.
Not all SONY cameras are suitable for scope-cams, you will need to inquire / research further.
Here are some valuable tips to help you get the best video quality recordings:
1. Use a good scope with a decent lens and a larger objective.
2. Use a quality camera for recording;
any action camera with a minimum HD ready at 240FPS is preferable.
3. Obtain a good quality fixed camera lens.
4. Ensure that your scope and camera are set up correctly.
5. Use less magnification with your scope; you will notice improved quality by using a fixed magnification, e.g. 10×44
(We do not recommend over x 10 magnification with most common scopes on the market).
6. An optical zoom is preferred over a digital zoom, which makes a lower image quality.
We hope these tips will help you to get the best quality from your equipment.